Late February-March 2012
Movistar cycling team will participate in 11 races that will take the team to 5 countries in March. The most important race will be the Paris-Nice March 4 – 11, and the heralded GP Miguel Indurain scheduled for March 31 , 2012.
What is new in 2012:
The Movistar Team Cycling has made major improvements since the last race they rode in October by recently adding Vuelta Espana winner Juan Jose Cobo, keeping 2009 UCI leader Alejandro Valverde who should be in his same race form, and other support riders along with strong team from 2011.
The new Movistar faces include:
- Nicolas Castoviejo, a time-trial specialist.
- Juan Jose Cobo, Vuelta Espana winner.
- Jose Herrada, a climbing specialist.
- Vladimir Karpets, veteran “all around” cyclist.
- Javier Moreno, a young rider who turned pro in 2008.
- Nario Quintana, a young 21 year old rider.
- Giovanna Visconti, three-time Italian Road champion.
These new riders will improve the overall peleton in the major tours and keep up with the competition in the high mountain stages, a weakness that stalled the overall classifications in these tours.